Big Ass Salad

Posted: June 12, 2013 in Dinner Recipe, Lunch Recipe, Skinny Recipe
Tags: , , , , , ,

You’ve heard of the 80/20 rule, right? Where you make solid food decisions 80% of the time and questionable ones the other 20%? I’m a pretty big fan of this rule because a) if you tell me I can’t have brownies ever again, I will eat an entire pan in 5 minutes and b) no one is capable of making solid food decisions all day, err day.

But every once in awhile, my 80/20 flips, and as I’m shoveling Andy’s into my face while wearing yoga pants because they’re the only thing that fit me right now, I think to myself, “Self, quit naming your food baby and pull it together.” Enter the Big Ass Salad.

Salmon SaladVerdict

You know how the best salads are always made by someone else? This salad defies that rule. Seriously. I’m kind of a salad snob – as in I really only like “high end” restaurant quality salads. So if I blew my own mind with this beast, I think it’s safe to say this is a keeper.

Recipe

Basically you look around your fridge and randomly throw things on a bunch of greens.

For this one, I used a baby greens mix, olives, feta, roasted broccoli, roasted grape tomatoes, and baked salmon. (The salmon, broccoli, and tomatoes were all roasted together and sprinkled with Mediterranean seasoning and olive oil.) I’ve also been known to throw leftover grilled zucchini in with this.

I didn’t use dressing since there was enough “good stuff” to balance out all the greens, but I think a vinaigrette would be rather amazing.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s